10.05.2011

Trailer Trash Tuesday

In which I talk about some of the best/worst trailers.




War Horse
I watched the first trailer for War Horse months ago and was unimpressed.  I couldn’t stop thinking about The Horse and His Boy, one of the books in The Chronicles of Narnia series and easily my least favorite.  The first trailer also came off as overly melodramatic.  However, this second trailer sparked my curiosity.  It’s still melodramatic but the backdrop of World War 1, a conflict usually overshadowed by World War II, should be a breath of fresh air.  My biggest concern is the believability of the relationship between the boy and his horse but if any director can pull off an emotional, sweeping war epic, it’s Stephen Spielberg.




The Avengers
"Great Odin's Raven!"
Obviously, that’s not a trailer but it’s the first official picture from the long-awaited The Avengers film.  The prospect of seeing Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, and Hulk on the same screen has created a huge amount of anticipation.  The fact that Marvel’s films have been dropping hints about this film for years only adds to the anticipation. 

I’m definitely excited but the recent quality of Marvel’s movies has me worried.  Most Marvel films end up being “good.”  Aside from Iron Man and X-Men: First Class you have to go back more than seven years to Spider-Man 2 to find (in my opinion) the last great Marvel film. The amount of anticipation swirling around The Avengers means “good” isn’t going to cut it.  Needless to say, director Joss Whedon has his hands full with Marvel’s greatest heroes.  If he wants my advice, include this scene (Yes, I will continue to include that in every post possible).




This week's Trailer Trash Throwback is in honor of the recently announced Mortal Kombat reboot.  Enjoy a mediocre trailer with an awesome theme song:



No comments:

Post a Comment