10.11.2011

Trailer Trash Tuesday

Not many trailers to talk about this week but I can't ignore the brand new The Avengers trailer


I mentioned in my last Trailer Trash post how ridiculously high the expectations are for this film.  "Good" won't cut it, people are going to want "Great" and that trailer wasn't.  My biggest complaint is that it isn't memorable.  The villain just stared intensely, cars exploded, Sam Jackson has an eye patch, *yawn*.  Robert Downey Jr.'s witty little speech is the only part that stuck with me.  A shot of the whole team together, in costume, would have been a great moment.  This scene would have been even better (told you).  

As I've already said, this film is a tall order.  Deciding too much based on a first trailer would be a mistake but consider me as skeptical as ever.




This week's Trailer Trash Throwback
In honor of the recently released Gear of War 3, the TV spot for the first game in the series:

Five years later, this still strikes me as one of the best video game commercials of all time.  It probably conveys the hopelessness and misery of the war against the Locust better than any of the three games. Not having to listen to Marcus's ridiculous voice is also a plus.




No comments:

Post a Comment