12.28.2011

Trailer Trash Tuesday: I Was Too Tired to Post Yesterday Edition

Due to a 24-hour video game marathon I finished last night, I originally meant to call this the 'Sleep Deprived Edition"but I fell asleep at my computer before I could get anything done, go figure.


The funniest part about that trailer is definitely it's description on YouTube which says, "Comedy mad man Andy Dick (Old School) leads a winning ensemble cast..."  If you're thinking to yourself, "Andy Dick wasn't in Old School" you're not alone.  I checked and he is in the movie for one three-minute uncredited scene where he dresses in drag and teaches some women how to give blowjobs, seriously. So, according to Image Entertainment, the poster of that video, his role in Old School is his most noteworthy.  Wikipedia might refer to him as a comedian but that's a stretch, his name is probably the funniest thing about him.




Apparently Sasha Baron Cohen is moving away from Borat and Bruno and getting real actors who are in on the joke.  I understand why, Borat was very funny but Bruno was significantly less so and I doubt another film of the same style would be much of an improvement.  It's hard to further up the ante. 

I find the idea of a movie about a ridiculous dictator amusing but I don't know how well it will translate into an entire film.  Regardless, Sasha Baron Cohen has answered the age-old question, "What do you do to follow-up an attempted gay sex tape with Ron Paul?"  



Clash of the Titans is a recipient of my Expendables Award, which goes to a movie that had an awesome trailer and got me all excited but ended completely shitting the bed.  I remember thinking that the over-the-top action sequences pitting Perseus against mythological evils wouldn't be though-provoking cinema but would still be entertaining and memorable. I was only half right.  Clash of the Titans wasn't thought-provoking, entertaining, or memorable.  Many of the action sequences were hard to follow, many of the characters were stupid, and while I don't require a Stephen King quality plot, I at least want my movies to make sense. So, while I think Wrath of the Titans has a pretty awesome trailer, I refuse to get my hopes up.




This week's Trailer Trash Throwback: another recipient of the Expendables Award.



No comments:

Post a Comment