12.14.2011

Trailer Trash Tuesday: Wednesday Edition

Over the last week and a half finals have made it nearly impossible for me to post but now I'm on Winter Break!  That means I'm going to have way too much time on my hands and am going to post all the time.  GET EXCITED


After not being able to post yesterday I was going to wait to until next Tuesday but there are way too many new trailers.

The creators of Battleship apparently have the "Making a Trailer for a Big Budget Action Movie" handbook and are following it to the word.  It has crazy special effects, robot sounds, hot women, skyscrapers blowing up, important government officials sitting around a table, a military base under attack, and a cameo for Megatron.  

The cast list for Battleship says that Alexander Skarsgard plays "Stone Hopper, Commanding Officer of the USS Sampson."  Stone Hopper?  That's a weak attempt at a badass action hero name, I can think of way better ones.  What about John Hammersmith? Lincoln Matrix? Luther Spartan? Duke Armstrong?  






Normally the only of musicals I like are the ones that have the word "Muppets" somewhere in the title.  People singing and dancing just isn't the same as Kermit, Fozzy, and Gonzo singing and dancing.  However, at the very least I think I can give a musical featuring catchy 80's music, Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Paul Giamatti a chance.  





This Week's Trailer Trash Throwback: In honor of the 10-year anniversary of the beginning of one of the greatest film trilogies of all time








No comments:

Post a Comment