12.20.2011

Trailer Trash Tuesday: Too Many Trailers Edition! Part 1

   I think it's safe to call The Dari Knight Rises the most highly anticipated films of the last five years.  So this trailer has generated pretty significant buzz and for good reason.  It's the first one to show a significant amount of new stuff, especially when compared to the last one.  We get the first (real) footage of Tom Hardy as Bane, Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake, a Gotham City cop.  There's also a couple cool shots of an upgraded Batmobile and possibly an incarnation of the Batwing at 1:50!  I'm thinking about cryogenically freezing myself for seven months.




Ugh, when they first announced this I was pretty excited but this trailer dampened my expectations substantially.  Jack is looking more and more like a blatant attempt to mimic 2010's Alice in Wonderland and cash-in just like Tim Burton's fantasy epic.  Both put a twist on classic fairytales, have similar visual styles, use an established cast and director, and introduce a relative newcomer as the lead.   Speaking of Jack the Giant Killer's lead, I remember Nicholas Hoult playing Beast in X-Men: First Class and he doesn't strike me as a leading man.  




   I love it when a trailer comes out of nowhere and pleasantly surprises me.  As a twenty-one year old male I expected to have no interest whatsoever in a movie about pregnant women.  My Twilight-alarm was screaming to run away, drink a beer, and watch Rambo but luckily I sat through that hilarious trailer.  I still don't know if I'll see it in theaters but Elizabeth Banks and the badass group of dads are making a pretty strong case.  


Check back late tonight for part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment