9.20.2011

Trailer Trash Tuesday

In which I talk about some of the best/worst trailers.



The Double


At two minutes and twenty-five seconds that has to be one of the shortest movies I’ve ever seen.  I definitely didn’t see that plot twist coming! 

Seriously though, why did that trailer reveal so much?  The only thing I don’t know about The Double is how Richard Gere’s character dies.  Most trailers usually reveal quite a bit about the plot but I’ve never heard of one revealing the film’s major plot twist. I find it even more amusing that the trailer’s description says, “[Sheperdson and Geary] discover that Cassius may not be the person they thought him to be.” Shocking.

Also, who decided to cast Richard Gere and Topher Grace in this?  There are roles both of them are suited to but Richard Gere doesn’t strike me as a cold-blooded ex-Soviet spy  and Topher Grace isn’t the most believable FBI agent.  After all, one became famous by appearing in romantic comedies with Julia Roberts and the other by playing a nerdy kid on That 70's Show




Breakaway


If Breakaway seems familiar that’s because it has the same plot (and disapproving father) as Bend it Like Beckham and the same director as D3 the third (and worst) Mighty Ducks film.  A more fitting title would be something like: Bend if Like Beckham 2: It’s Knuckle-Puck Time  or D4: Asian Invasion.

According to Rottentomatoes.com Breakaway is rated “R” but I’m not sure why.  Is there hardcore nudity? Do the extremely dangerous-looking helmets first shown at 1:27 into the trailer end up killing the other team?  Is Rob Lowe’s sex tape shown at intermission?  Part of me wants to see Breakaway just to know why.



This week's Trailer Trash Throwback:  (I couldn't resist)

D2: The Mighty Ducks

Icelanders are so evil.




Cool Runnings

So are the Swiss.



No comments:

Post a Comment