8.03.2011

The Best of Netflix Instant

In which every Wednesday I post about some of the best TV Shows/ movies available on Netflix Instant.  Check out a list of everything I have posted about in my Best of Netflix Instant Archive.

I apologize for not posting anything last week.  My computer has been out for repairs so I didn't have time to watch anything I really liked.  It seemed better to wait a week than to post about something I don't actually like.

Hot Tub Time Machine
Why would you ever get in a hot tub with water that color?
Hot Tub Time Machine is a film about a magical hot tub that transports a group of friends back to their glory days in the 1980's.  At no point does Hot Tub lose sight of how ludicrous that previous sentence sounds and it has the kind of self-deprecating humor I find endearing.  On it's own, that isn't enough to carry a film but this retro comedy has more to offer.  The main cast is extremely likable and the 1980's setting is entertaining as well as fun.  Yes, some of the humor is juvenile and overly reliant on shock value but I still found myself laughing.  Not everyone will appreciate the humor along with the odd premise but I think there's enough chance you will that it's worth giving a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment