8.23.2011

Trailer Trash Tuesday

In which I talk about some of the best/worst trailers.

Underworld: Awakening

After not appearing in Rise of the Lycans everyones favorite vampire warrioress is returning in eye-poppingly cheesy 3D!  Aside from learning that warrioress is a word (eye-poppingly is not), the trailer taught me that the filmmakers have zeroed-in on the three things people like about the series: Kate Beckinsale, Kate Beckinsale in a leather body suit, and Kate Beckinsale naked.  At least they are giving the people what they want.



Johnny English Reborn

I can't believe Mr. Bean is still starring in movies.  Do British people think he's funny?  Does anyone think he's funny?  Why does this movie steal a scene from the original Austin Powers?  How did this movie get green lit?  Why is no one heading my call to end movie trailer voiceovers?  Why did the east coast of the United States experience an earthquake today?  I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!  I'm so confused...




This week's Trailer Trash Throwback:


With a compelling story, great acting, some extremely well-done scenes, and a great trailer, Children of Men has it all.  In fact, it is one of my favorite films of all time.  If you haven't already seen it, do yourself a favor and check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment